Terms and conditions
- The decisions of the Grierson Awards organisers, reviewers and judges are final.
- The organisers, reviewers and judges reserve the right: to move an entry into another category when they feel that it would be judged more appropriately there; not to make an award in any given category; and not to enter into correspondence with entrants on any subject.
- Initial acceptance of an entry does not guarantee its eligibility in the category for which it is entered.
- The Grierson Awards welcomes entries from broadcasters, independent companies or individuals provided that these entries fulfil the entry criteria.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide complete, accurate information about the entry. The Grierson Trust shall not be liable for errors or omissions in the entry forms nor in any subsequent submissions.
- If the entry form is inaccurate or incomplete, if the entry does not comply with these conditions, or if it is deemed ineligible for any other reason, then the entry will be disqualified. The organisers regret that they cannot refund the fee for any entry which is thus disqualified.
- By submitting the entry, the entrant grants and warrants that the entrant is entitled to grant to The Grierson Trust the rights to make copies of a sequence of up to two minutes' running time from the entry and to include such copies and to record and use the sounds and images of any acceptance speech relating to the entry in any television broadcast, any website or any other distribution medium or publication in connection with the awards and/or The Grierson Trust including for publicity and promotional purposes, together with the right to authorise others to do any of the foregoing.
- Entrants whose productions are nominated for the final phase of the competition must be prepared to supply, within five working days of notification:
- Time codes for clips requested by the organisers
- Access to master tape or drives for use in the awards ceremony, The Grierson Trust website and promotion. Technical specifications for master tapes and drives will be supplied to nominated entrants; these tapes and drives will be made available for collection after the awards ceremony
- 'Programme as Complete' or equivalent forms to assist in the clearance of rights for clips
- Two rights cleared still production photographs for use in publicity and promotional activities in a high-resolution digital format such as JPG
- Entrants agree to release one digital copy of each entry, together with data from the entry form, to be deposited on behalf of The Grierson Trust for non-circulation reference
© 2020 The Grierson Trust. All rights reserved.